IF YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW MANY CALORIES IT’LL TAKE TO BURN OFF ANY HALLOWEEN CANDY YOU MIGHT HAVE, THEN YOU WANT TO READ THIS ARTICLE.
With Halloween just around the corner, most of us will be tempted to grab a handful… or a few handfuls of whatever candy is glaring back at us from our kids baggies.
It might seem harmless to snag a few as we sort through it because really.. how much of a difference could a couple pieces of chocolate make?
No matter how disciplined you are, one can easily turn into five as these bite sized treats are far from satiating.
Whether you’re taking your kids out trick or treating, or resisting office sweets, if you’re going to be bombarded this Halloween with sugar, you’ll fare better knowing the calorical cost of these candies and what you’d have to do to burn those extra calories off.
In today’s article, we’re going through the calories associated with candies and what it would take in exercise to burn those off. Below we’ve got 10 candies and 10 ways to burn fat. Let’s get started!
Candies and Calories
The Cost Per Candy
These conversions will vary based on your weight, muscle mass, and the intensity you’re working at:
- Burn 100 calories, do 200 burpees
- Burn 100 calories, perform walking lunges for 15 minutes
- Burn 150 calories, walk 3000 steps
- Burn 200 calories, run 2 miles at a 10 minute mile pace
- Burn 200 calories, do the Stairmaster for 30 minutes
- Burn 250 calories, swim intensely for 30 minutes
- Burn 300 calories, lift weights intensely for 90 minutes
- Burn 300 calories, walk at an incline intensely for 60 minutes
- Burn 300 calories, sprint at 12mph for 10 minutes total
- Burn 300 calories, take a 45 minute spin class
The Bottom Line:
You can enjoy Halloween and indulge if you choose to.
With Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the New Year just around the corner, keep those fitness goals in mind when you find yourself tempted by treats.
If you can help it, plan these sugar spikes before your workout that way you can utilize the extra energy to burn even more calories.
If you want to take the intensity up a notch in your training, make sure to apply our Sweat Ignition Gel to your stomach, legs, and arms 15 minutes before your workout.
Be sure to tag us in your posts so we can keep up with your progress. If you have a different calorie torching workout you want us to try, let us know in the comments below!